The following data have been computed on a sample of about 18M email messages, delivered on over 150k Italian users between January 1st and September 30th, 2015. All users have expressed consent to email marketing activities (opt-in) and their addresses have been collected from 5 different websites after September 30th, 2014.
At subscription time, users provided some personal information, such as gender, age, and location.
- Gender: 40.46% female and 59.54% male
- Age distribution:
- Subscription geo (region):
In the period considered, 9.4% of the users in the sample opted-out (7.39%), or their mailboxes were detected as unreachable (hard bounce, 1.99%), or they files a spam complaint (0.02%). As a result, these users stopped receiving messages immediately and only 91.6% of collected users were retained at the end of the period.
Analyzing how long users had been receiving our messages before opting-out, we found out that:
- 29.7% of opt-outs were generated less than a month from subscription, and another 28.9% before the end of the second month;
- For those who unsubscribed, average time between opt-in and opt-out is 38 days.
- Day of the week: the best day to send emails are in the middle of the week (Wednesday to Friday)
but it is worth noticing that highest CTR% have been reached during the weekend:
- Time of the day: users are more active around 9 a.m. and around 1 p.m.
- Device: usage of desktop and mobile devices is almost even for the chosen sample, as 48.96% of clicks have been generated from mobile devices.
- Geo detected from click location:
This post is also available in: Italian